Announcements for Wednesday Oct. 7

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Student Council: Please join us in the Homecoming celebrations by dressing up, participating in pep rallies, dunking your favorite teacher in the dunk tank, attending the football game, and of course ending the amazing week with the Homecoming dance.  Dress up days throughout the week include:  Thursday is USA Day, and Friday is School Colors Day.  We will have a pep rally on Monday during Homeroom to kick off the week and have a final pep rally on Friday with lots of games, class banner parade, and 2015 Homecoming Court.  Be sure to cheer on the Lightning football team as they face off against Wausau East, with fireworks to follow.  Finally, Student Council will be organizing and decorating for the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 10th.  This year’s theme is Passport to Homecoming and runs from 8pm-midnight.  Tickets will be on sale starting October 5th during all lunch hours.  Tickets are $13 in advance and $15 at the door.  Make sure to bring a school ID to the dance in order to get in.  Any student without a North ID will need to have a guest pass.  Let’s make this week one to remember!

Hey Bowlers: Thursday, October 8th there will be a team meeting at 6:30 pm in the Bud Room at Super Bowl. All parents and student athletes on the bowling team should attend.

Senior Pictures for the yearbook are due:  Friday, October 9th. If a photo is not submitted, your ID photo will be used. The best option for submitting pictures is through the yearbook’s email address, otherwise turn into the Main Office in an envelope with your name on the envelope. More info in posted on North’s website.

HOSA Members – Just a reminder that membership dues & paperwork, t-shirt money and fall leadership conference money is due Friday, Oct. 9th. Please turn in to Mrs. Camber or Mrs. Moder. See the HOSA bulletin board by the main staircase for more information.

Show your team spirit!  Get your lightning bolt eye black and blue and gold beads for Friday’s Homecoming Game.  On sale in the commons for just one dollar during all the lunch hours this week!  Your purchase will help support our Homecoming Social being held Tuesday in the commons from 6-8 PM.  Peers and Key Clubbers– The work schedule for the sale has been posted to the webpage and emailed to those individuals who signed up to sell lightning bolt eye black and beads.  Thank you for your support!

Peer Helpers/ Key Clubbers-  Members who registered on or before September 15th your shirts are in. Please pick up your shirt in room 1345 by the end of the week during the following designated times : BEFORE SCHOOL, during 4th, 5th or 6th hour or AFTER SCHOOL. If you are not sure when you registered there is a list posted- go to Mrs. Bruce’s room.

We will be placing another order for members who registered after September 15th but prior to the October 1st deadline. Check your emails or our webpage for updates!

College visits in the Career Center for this week:

Wednesday:

Univ. St. Thomas at 10:30 a.m.

Marquette Univ. at 11:45 a.m.

Thursday:

Univ. of Chicago at 12:30

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

RAISE: Are you interested in becoming an ally for someone in recovery from addiction?  Are you interested in bringing awareness to the community about the support available to those with addictions to drugs or alcohol?  Join the group RAISE!  We are meeting on Tuesday in Mr. Hechel’s homeroom.  Sign into Mr. Hechel’s I/E group on Tuesday, October 13th.   See you there.  Bring a Friend.

FAN Club: is meeting this Thursday during IE – moved to the Auditorium – not the band room.

DECA: American Veterans are men and women who fought for your freedoms, help us fight for them. All this week, DECA will be selling red, white & blue balloons outside of the school store during your lunch hours. The cost is $2 dollars and proceeds go to the Fox Valley Veteran’s Council. The balloons will be shot off in a beautiful display during the pep rally on Friday. Help honor a Veteran and support a great cause today.

Attention seniors and Juniors: who purchased a 2015 Homecoming Powder Puff shirt….  Mrs. Dunlop will be in the commons on Thursday during all lunch hours to hand out refunds for the shirts.  She will be stationed in front of the auditorium.

Library: Congratulations to the tourists that won Disney books from the library – Gaetan Ndekezi, Bella Krasnik, Zach Lee and Evan Erg. Stop by the LMC to pick up your books.

Congratulations to Taylor Stirm for qualifying for the sectional tennis tournament that will be held on Thursday.  Nice job to all Varsity girls on a great season!

Oct. 7

Broccoli & Cheese Baked Potato

Taco Cheeseburger

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza