Announcements for Friday Nov. 13

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Food Drive/Student Council: Afraid you’re not going to get in the holiday spirit this year? Start things off on the right foot by donating to the annual Can Food Drive, presented by the Appleton North Student Council.  We have made it a competition between freshmen teams.  Freshmen, please bring cans to your core teachers and Student Council will tally the cans donated between November 2-20th.  The winning team will receive a special incentive.  Not a freshmen?  You too can help your alma mater team by dropping off cans to your old freshmen team.  Let the competition begin!  Go blue…no wait gold…go silver! 

Attention Club Leaders!  You too can partake in the canned food drive.  We will have a Battle of the Clubs canned food drive.  The club or activity with the most cans between November 2-20th will also be given a special incentive of choice.  Let’s get the school involved and make this the best collection yet. 

Clear your library fines with canned food items in the month of November.  You CAN make a difference!

If you will be participating in winter athletics you must have all of your paperwork in before beginning practice. An up to date physical is required. If you are unsure of your status please speak to the secretaries in the office.

HOPE Club: is sponsoring a plastic bag & paper bag recycling drive.  HOPE Club members are collecting the bags to donate to St. Joseph’s Food Program.  They will use the bags to help distribute food to those in need in our community.  Plastic and paper bags will be collected through Nov. 30th

You can drop them off in the following locations:

Room 2334

The LMC

Outside the main office

Hope Club thanks you for your support!

Attention All Baseball Players:  This Saturday November 14th you are expected to help with table set up for the annual North High Artisan Faire. Please try to arrive by 5:30 am, you will be finished once the gym is set up for the vendors. Any questions, please see Coach Blaskowski or Coach Maves.

DECA is working with the Veterans Emergency Fund to send care packages to our Troops.  For the next month, DECA will be collecting donations for the ‘Veterans Emergency Fund Holiday Care-Package’. Each week we will be collecting a ‘specialty item’ that is in serious need for our troops.  This week’s specialty item is candy and gum. No CHOCOLATE PLEASE! Chocolate melts and does not travel well.  More details about collection items can be found on the Veterans Display outside of the school store. Thank you Appleton North for helping to support our troops!  

Boys Basketball: All boys in grades 9-12 planning on trying out for basketball should attend a meeting on Friday at 3:15 in the LGI room. Important information regarding tryouts will be shared. Also, if you are interested in serving as a manager for the basketball program, please attend as well.

Anyone interested in playing soccer this year that would like to participate in the indoor league starting in January. Please sign up to be a part of the team. The sign up is located in the school store and it is due December 10th.

Take control of your success and your future! Stop by room 1101 (behind the school store) at 6:30 on Monday November 16th to listen to recent North grads, Blake Ebben and Keshawn Henning, share how they started Stand Up and their involvement with business in college. Hope to see you there!

The LMC is experimenting with an online LMC pass sign-up for 5th PERIOD ONLY. Beginning MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH, if you have 5th period LUNCH, PRIVILEGE or RELEASE and wish to come to the LMC, you will need to sign up using a new online Google form instead of getting a paper pass. Please check your student email for instructions. 4th period and 6th period LMC pass and study hall pass procedures remain unchanged at this time. Please check your student email for instructions on accessing the Google sign-up form or ask an LMC staff member.

This is a shout out to everyone who worked on updating the Veteran’s display case, ESPECIALLY you Rodney for making it look so awesome. We saw you working hard during I/E doing what you do best: Finding a place for everything and making sure everything has a place.  Thanks Rodney for all you do for North!  Your fans in Kuehl’s I/E-Room 2359!!

New lunch sandwich: North is now serving a Chicken Salad, were celery, grapes on a sub roll.

Attention Fall Athletes: Winter sports have begun and we are in need of locker room space. If you are not involved in basketball, wrestling or swimming please clear out your lockers in the varsity locker room. See Mr. Herrling with questions.

The Appleton North Booster Club is having their annual Artisan Craft Faire, Saturday November 14. Shop local and come support your Appleton North Booster Club.

Lunch

Nov. 13

Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup

California Ranch Chicken Sandwich

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza