Announcements for Wednesday April 20

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Attention Appleton North Staff and StudentsKey Club and Peer helpers need your help. Premature births are a rising concern in our world today and is the number one cause of infant death. We are asking for the entire school to participate in raising money to help prevent premature deaths in our community. To do this, we will be collecting donations at school for March of Dimes. You can also sign up to walk with Appleton North United on April 23! Contact Mrs. Pynenberg, Mrs. Bruce or stop in the LMC for more details

Blood Drive: Do you like country music? Do you like helping people? You can do both if you sign up for our last blood drive of the school year! See Ms. Vanden Heuvel in room 2354 or email her by April 22nd to sign up for our May blood drive. By signing up, you will be entered in to win 2 tickets to see Brantley Gilbert in concert at the Resch center on April 28th! Sign up today to save 3 lives and enter to win!

College visits in the Career Center and Military visits in the commons for this week:

Wednesday:

Boys and Girls Club Lunch Hrs.

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

The very first Earth Day was on April 22, 1970.  This Friday will be the 46th anniversary.  In celebration, HOPE Club will be sponsoring environment-related guest speakers during IE time Tuesday through Friday.  Tomorrow’s presentation is on wildlife management and we will meet in room 2334.  Sign up with your homeroom teacher under “Sadogierski”. 

Shakespeare trivia week: Congratulations to Garrett Ostrom today’s Shakespeare trivia winner.  Shakespeare’s father was a leather maker or glove maker.  Today’s question is what did Shakespeare leave his wife in his will?  Answer in the LMC.

Earth Day/Hope Club:  According to the WI DNR’s website, “Recycling 1 ton of newspaper saves the equivalent of 100 gallons of gasoline.” If you are interested in learning more about recycling and its benefits to the earth, you will want to attend Thursday’s special Earth Week IE guest speaker! Sign up with your homeroom teacher under “Sadogierski”. The presentation on recycling will be held in the LGI. Hope to see you there!

ACT Aspire Prep: Mrs. Marzullo is having ACT Aspire Prep on Wednesday, April 27 for freshmen and Friday, April 29 for sophomores in the LMC Lab. Please bring your Chromebooks to practice. Sign up with Mrs. Marzullo during I/E time on the appropriate date for your grade. Thank you!

Lunch

April 20

Beef Quesadilla & Spiced Rice

Bacon Cheeseburger

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza