Homecoming 2015: Straight from the Court

Members of the Homecoming Court give insight into their favorite aspects of Homecoming Week

Rachel Brosman, Advertising/Social Media Manager

Every year, several select North students are voted into the prestigious Homecoming Court by their peers. This year’s beloved court members answered the following questions for the Noctiluca regarding their favorite homecoming experiences.

1. Favorite part of homecoming week?
  2. Favorite homecoming dress-up day this year?
  3. Who should win homecoming king & queen?

The Freshmen:

imageedit_53_6059571959

Rachel Lemke

1. Dressing up and the pep rallies are my favorite part of homecoming week.
  2. Country club day was my favorite dress up day because it was unique from all the other schools.
  3. Trenton Bliss and Meagan Weber should win because they are cute couple, and Matthew and I love wheeling with them.

Jack Cain

1. My favorite part of homecoming week was the pep rallies.  Everyone is so pumped up and into it – except the freshman because we’re “too cool” for that. *sarcasm incase you didn’t pick up on it*
  2. My favorite homecoming dress up day was the country club/senior citizens.  I honestly tied a sweater around my neck on top of what I wear pretty much every day and that was country club enough.
  3. I think that Claire Riebau and Jake Szabo should win.

The Sophomores:

Leah and Brandon (Edited)

Leah Armstrong

1. My favorite thing about homecoming week is the pep rallies and seeing everyone’s homecoming dresses.
  2. My favorite theme was Disney day because it was cool to see people go all out. My outfit was a Disney comic strip sweatshirt that I bought in Disney World.
  3. Jack Fischer and Annalise Peebles, since they have been dating for a long time and seem happy.

Brandon Haag

1. My favorite part of homecoming week is seeing other people dress up cause some people take it to the extreme.
  2. My favorite dress up day is country club/senior citizen day.
  3. I think Jack Fisher and Annalise Peebles should win King and Queen.

The Juniors:

Zay and Maren (Edited)

Maren Mcleish

1. My favorite part of homecoming week is Saturday, being able to get pictures with friends and have a good time at the dance. But I have to say powderpuff will be exciting since this will be my first year participating.
  2. My favorite dress up day was Disney day. I was a tourist wearing a vintage Disney crew neck with a baseball hat and tennis shoes for walking. I was also carrying around my Disney maps and autograph books.
  3. I think it should be Trenton Bliss and Meagan Weber because they are an adorable couple and just because he cannot make it to homecoming dance itself does not mean they shouldn’t be the King and Queen.

Zay Thao

1. My favorite part of homecoming is the pep rally because of all the grades coming together in a group.
  2. My favorite homecoming dress up day is the first day when we all wore different colors for the different grades.
  3.  I think that Queen and King should be Mitchell Widule and Kaitlyn Hoeft because they will be a great couple.

Jenna and Jacob (Edited)

Jenna Miller

1. My favorite part of homecoming week is going all out for the spirit days.
  2. My favorite dress up day this year was Disney day. I dressed up as Jessie from Toy Story.
  3. Claire and Jacob should win because they’re my favorites.

Jacob Wright

1. I like the spirit days because people wear some pretty funny things.
  2. I liked country club day/senior citizen day. I wore a country club tennis outfit.
  3. I think Jake Szabo and Claire Riebau should be king and queen because they are both super chill.

The Seniors:

Meagan and Trenton (Edited)

Meagan Weber

1.  My favorite part about homecoming week would have to be the football game, because there is nothing better than supporting the Lightning by wearing our school colors and being apart of Rude Nation during the homecoming game.
  2.  My favorite homecoming dress up day would have to had been Senior Citizen Day by far.  I wore my grandma’s nightgown and sweater, some old pins some classic white velcro shoes, and my grandma’s walker which was put to good use.
  3.  I believe Katie H. and Mitch W. should win king and queen due to the fact they are basically married and they are the cutest couple to ever walk the halls of A-North.

Trenton Bliss

1. My favorite part of homecoming week is the dance! I got sick moves on the floor and love to shake it to the music!!!
  2. I would have to be senior citizen day. It was so much fun being able to dress up with all the seniors have a class and see the creativity some people have!
  3. I think Mitch Robinson Widule and Katie Hoeft should win Homecoming Court because they are the perfect couple and I hope they get married!!!!

Annaliese and Jack (Edited)

Annalise Peebles

1. The Friday night football game is my favorite part because everyone (even the kids that don’t even like football) come and watch.
  2. Senior Citizen Day is the best dress up day, for sure. I wore a long denim dress with a turtleneck, a cane, and some super comfy old white Nikes.
  3. Mitch and Katie should win because they’re basically married.

Jack Fischer

1. My favorite part about homecoming week is the school spirit. One can almost taste the enthusiasm in the hallways.
  2. My favorite dress up day was by far Senior Citizen Day. The possibilities were endless and everyone had such a good time.
  3. Mitch Widule and Katie Hoeft should win Homecoming King & Queen because they are cute.

Paige and Matt (Edited)

Paige Eisen

1. My favorite part of homecoming week is definitely the dress up days. No matter what the theme is, everyone seems to have a great time and bring out their inner imaginative side.
  2. My favorite dress-up day was Disney Day by far. This year, to show my love for all things Disney, Clyde Fields and I dressed up as Jasmine and Aladdin. With our flashy and baggy harem pants, I think we pulled off our costumes quite well.
  3. I think that Jake Szabo and Claire Riebau should win Homecoming King and Queen this year. I would really like to see them represent our senior class, as they are some of the kindest people I know.

Matt Woychek

1. The old person rage during passing time was my favorite thing about homecoming week.
  2. Senior citizen day was definitely my favorite dress up day.
  3. Mitchell and Katie should win King and Queen.

Katie and Mitch (Edited)

Katie Hoeft

1. My favorite part of homecoming week is the dress up days. I love seeing all the school spirit and how creative people get.
  2. My favorite dress up day would have to be senior citizen day because our class has looked forward to partying in the shield for three years.
  3. I think Meagan Weber and Trenton Bliss should win King and Queen because they’re cute as a button.

Mitch Widule

1. The best part of Homecoming Week is the dance, because Katie Hoeft always looks so beautiful in her dress.
  2. My favorite dress up day was USA, because I had the privilege of wearing an authentic Trenton Bliss USA hockey jersey.
  3. I think Katie Hoeft deserves Homecoming Queen, because she is pretty and cool.

Jake and Claire (Edited)

Claire Riebau

1. My favorite part of homecoming week is the dance because it is always lit.
  2. My favorite dress up day was Country Club (Senior Citizen) Day because I wore my great grandma’s dress and shoes and got to use a walker all day long.
  3. I think that Annalise Peebles and Jack Fischer should win king and queen because they are pretty much Ken and Barbie.

Jake Szabo

1. My favorite part of homecoming week is just how everyone’s in a good mood, for sure!

2.  My favorite dress up day by far was Disney Day. Now that Disney is doing Star Wars, my good friend Nathan Zilisch dressed up as Darth Maul. When I saw him dressed up, I raced home, dressed up as Qui-Gonn Jin, and whenever I saw him in the halls we would lightsaber dual.

3.  I think Matt Woychek should win Hoco King simply because he just looks like a freakin’ king man! Have you seen that guys build?! He’s just all-that-is-man. If Woychek wins Hoco King I want to be his Queen.