Announcements for Friday Oct. 16

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Baseline impact testing dates for winter sports.

Both Freshman and Juniors need to test as well as any athlete who did not test last year. If athletes have questions regarding when they last tested they can email [email protected] and I can check for them.

Girls Hockey – 10/27 @ 3:45

Girls Basketball – 10/28 @ 3:45

Boys Hockey – 11/4 @ 3:45

Wrestling – 11/9 @ 3:45

Boys Swimming – 11/11 @ 3:45

Boys Basketball – 11/12 @ 3:45

All tests will take place in labs 2313 and 2316.

College visits in the Career Center and Military visits in the commons for this week:

Friday:

UW-Stout at 8:30 a.m.

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

Attentions Juniors: The PSAT test will be given Oct 28th hours 1-4 at North.  The Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) is a standardized test given by the College Board and the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.  There are many benefits of taking the PSAT if you have questions please stop in and talk with your school counselor. PSAT Sign Up for (Juniors only) is this week Oct 12-16 in the School Counseling Office. Please bring your ID and $17.00 to sign up for this test. There are a limited amounts of tests so don’t put this off sign up today!! Thank you

Come to Democratic League meeting on Thursday, October 22nd.

Attention students: Do you have a friend or a relative who served in the Armed Forces. Please bring in a photo to either Ms. Toennessen or Ms. Ellenbecker (art dept.) and we will copy it and make a plaque out of it for you. The original photo will be returned to you right away. Check out the plaques on display by the art room 1135.

Library: Justus Eldred knew that yesterday’s author tweet was from Dan Brown.

Who is the author of today’s tweet? “The movie for the second book in the series I created was released last month.  Solving the maze was supposed to be the end.” Stop by the library with your answer.

Attention Peer Helpers and Key Clubbers: Our Fall Fashion Show at Century Oaks Assisted Living Center has been pushed back to Tuesday October 27th! Please sign up on our website under Key Club Fashion Show to be a model for this event – we have plenty of helpers, but need you to model your Homecoming/Fall fashions! Ask your friends to help too!

Fan Club members our website is now available under co-curriculars on the North home page. Check it out and sign up for activities with the convenient google link. Next event – Saturday Oct. 17th Challenge Football game. Hope to see you there!

Interested in learning more about business? Come explore entrepreneurship with your classmates as Drive to Thrive brings you entrepreneurs from all over the Fox Cities area to talk to you about what they do best. Our first session is this Monday Oct. 19th from 6:30-8:00 pm in the LMC. Hope to see you there!

Seniors: Please check the main office window to make sure that your senior photo was received.  If you do NOT see your name, then we should have your photo.  If you know you are going to use your Lifetouch ID photo, please let Ms. Ehlers know. As soon as we are able to complete the senior portrait pages, ALL seniors will be verifying & signing off that their photo and name are correct.  Please see Ms. Ehlers in room 1314 if you have any questions.  Get your senior photos in!

The FAN BUS to DC Everest has been CANCELLED due to lack of interest. If you returned your permission slip and money to the office please stop by for a refund. Go Lightning!!

Attention all Appleton United fans, Appleton United will be pre-ordering hoodies, crew-necks, and t-shirts for their Breast Cancer game against Fox Cities. Colors are available in pink or ash grey. Forms can be found in the school store and are due by November 2nd, and the Breast Cancer game will be December 8th at AFIC. See Calum Fraser or Levi Werlein for details.

Congratulations to all our cross country runners on a super conference meet. Varsity boys finished third overall led by Stephen Dinkler and Clint Woerishofer. JV boys took third with Sidney Hestres leading the way for the Lightning. JV girls placed second overall led by Tayah Cunningham. Varsity girls took 1st, members of the conference championship team are…..Sidney Squier, Payton Fors, Mary Rose Flood, Dakota Holzem, Kari Brekke, Lauren Drankoff and Iris Hertting. Congratulations to all athletes!!

Lunch

Oct. 16

Chicken Fajitas & Rice

California Ranch Chicken Sandwich

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza