Announcements for Monday Oct. 19

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Baseline impact testing dates for winter sports.

Both Freshman and Juniors need to test as well as any athlete who did not test last year. If athletes have questions regarding when they last tested they can email [email protected] and I can check for them.

Girls Hockey – 10/27 @ 3:45

Girls Basketball – 10/28 @ 3:45

Boys Hockey – 11/4 @ 3:45

Wrestling – 11/9 @ 3:45

Boys Swimming – 11/11 @ 3:45

Boys Basketball – 11/12 @ 3:45

All tests will take place in labs 2313 and 2316.

Come to Democratic League meeting on Thursday, October 22nd.

Attention students: Do you have a friend or a relative who served in the Armed Forces. Please bring in a photo to either Ms. Toennessen or Ms. Ellenbecker (art dept.) and we will copy it and make a plaque out of it for you. The original photo will be returned to you right away. Check out the plaques on display by the art room 1135.

Attention Peer Helpers and Key Clubbers: Our Fall Fashion Show at Century Oaks Assisted Living Center has been pushed back to Tuesday October 27th! Please sign up on our website under Key Club

Fashion Show to be a model for this event – we have plenty of helpers, but need you to model your Homecoming/Fall fashions! Ask your friends to help too!

Interested in learning more about business? Come explore entrepreneurship with your classmates as Drive to Thrive brings you entrepreneurs from all over the Fox Cities area to talk to you about what they do best. Our first session is this Monday Oct. 19th from 6:30-8:00 pm in the LMC. Hope to see you there!

Seniors: Please check the main office window to make sure that your senior photo was received.  If you do NOT see your name, then we should have your photo.  If you know you are going to use your Lifetouch ID photo, please let Ms. Ehlers know. As soon as we are able to complete the senior portrait pages, ALL seniors will be verifying & signing off that their photo and name are correct.  Please see Ms. Ehlers in room 1314 if you have any questions.  Get your senior photos in! 

Attention all Appleton United fans, Appleton United will be pre-ordering hoodies, crew-necks, and t-shirts for their Breast Cancer game against Fox Cities. Colors are available in pink or ash grey. Forms can be found in the school store and are due by November 2nd, and the Breast Cancer game will be December 8th at AFIC. See Calum Fraser or Levi Werlein for details.

Attention Juniors and Sophomores: The PSAT test will be given Oct 28th hours 1-4 at North. We have a limited amount of PSAT tests left and sign up for any remaining Juniors and NOW Sophomores will take place Oct 19-23 or until all books are sold out in the School Counseling Office.  Please bring your ID and $17.00 to sign up for these remaining test booklets. Remaining seats are limited so sign up today. Thank you.

College visits in the Career Center and Military visits in the commons for this week:

Tuesday:

UW-Milwaukee at 12:30 p.m.

Army during the lunch hrs.

Thursday:

Bellin College at 9:00 a.m.

Northern Michigan Univ. at 9:51 a.m.

Viterbo Univ. at 10:45 a.m.

National Guard during lunch hrs.

Friday:

Cardinal Stritch at 7:30 a.m.

Wabash College at 8:30 a.m.

St. Olaf College at 9:45 a.m.

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

This Wednesday is Unity Day! The End of Bullying Begins with You – Bullying prevention takes a united effort of students and adults. It also takes an individual effort. It’s about each person taking responsibility. The end of bullying begins with the principal, the end of bullying begins with teachers, the end of bullying begins with all school personnel, and the end of bullying also begins with you! Each student at North needs to be willing to say that bullying will not be accepted and that everyone has a right to be safe at school, in our community and online. Make sure to wear orange on Wednesday to show your support!

Attentions students that use the weight room in the morning. The weight room will be closed this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning. The weight room will be open as usual 8th hour and after school until 5:00.

Library: Our latest author tweet contest winner is Zoe Plzak with the answer of James Dashner. 

What author is responsible for the following tweet? “My book has raised awareness for suicide prevention and has launched the 50 States Against Bullying Campaign.”

Enter at the library.

Attention All students involved in the Student Leadership Program- or SLP: The t-shirts and lanyards are in in! Pop in Mrs. Bruch’s room, 1341, to pick them up. And while you are there, don’t forget to turn in your permission slip!

Packers/Library: Congratulation to Kyle Hoffenbecker.  He is this week’s Packer Prediction winner with a winning guess of 31-21, as the Packers held off the Chargers with a final score of 27-20.  After a bye week, the Packers head to Denver for a November 1 game.  Stop by the LMC to predict the next score and grab a book for the bye week! 

Lunch

Oct. 19

Pizza Sticks & Sauce

Honey Mustard Chicken Melt

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza