Announcements for Friday Oct. 23

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Baseline impact testing dates for winter sports.

Both Freshman and Juniors need to test as well as any athlete who did not test last year. If athletes have questions regarding when they last tested they can email [email protected] and I can check for them.

Girls Hockey – 10/27 @ 3:45

Girls Basketball – 10/28 @ 3:45

Boys Hockey – 11/4 @ 3:45

Wrestling – 11/9 @ 3:45

Boys Swimming – 11/11 @ 3:45

Boys Basketball – 11/12 @ 3:45

All tests will take place in labs 2313 and 2316.

Attention students: Do you have a friend or a relative who served in the Armed Forces. Please bring in a photo to either Ms. Toennessen or Ms. Ellenbecker (art dept.) and we will copy it and make a plaque out of it for you. The original photo will be returned to you right away. Check out the plaques on display by the art room 1135.

Attention Peer Helpers and Key Clubbers: Our Fall Fashion Show at Century Oaks Assisted Living Center has been pushed back to Tuesday October 27th! Please sign up on our website under Key Club Fashion Show to be a model for this event – we have plenty of helpers, but need you to model your Homecoming/Fall fashions! Ask your friends to help too!

Seniors: Please check the main office window to make sure that your senior photo was received.  If you do NOT see your name, then we should have your photo.  If you know you are going to use your Lifetouch ID photo, please let Ms. Ehlers know. As soon as we are able to complete the senior portrait pages, ALL seniors will be verifying & signing off that their photo and name are correct.  Please see Ms. Ehlers in room 1314 if you have any questions.  Get your senior photos in! 

Attention all Appleton United fans, Appleton United will be pre-ordering hoodies, crew-necks, and t-shirts for their Breast Cancer game against Fox Cities. Colors are available in pink or ash grey. Forms can be found in the school store and are due by November 2nd, and the Breast Cancer game will be December 8th at AFIC. See Calum Fraser or Levi Werlein for details.

Attention Juniors and Sophomores: The PSAT test will be given Oct 28th hours 1-4 at North. We have a limited amount of PSAT tests left and sign up for any remaining Juniors and NOW Sophomores will take place Oct 19-23 or until all books are sold out in the School Counseling Office.  Please bring your ID and $17.00 to sign up for these remaining test booklets. Remaining seats are limited so sign up today. Thank you.

Attention all students interested in wrestling this season:

There will be an informational meeting for all students interested in wrestling on Thursday, November 5th.  The meeting will take place in the gym during I/E time. Please sign up with your homeroom teacher the week of the meeting.

We will begin open mats next Tuesday and Thursday.  Open mats are open to all students with an interest in wrestling this season.  They will take place in the wrestling room immediately after school

Any student interested in being a student manager for wrestling this year should see Mr. Clough.

For those of you who are taking the ACT this Saturday, October 24th, there will be study sessions offered during I/E Time on Wednesday, October 21 and Friday, October 23. Please sign up with Mrs. Marzullo and meet in the LMC Lab for those dates. We will be going over a variety of test taking strategies that will be different for each day. Thanks!

Free tickets are available to all staff and students for the newVoices fall concert, Facing The Music, a concert dedicated to Sex Trafficking awareness in the Fox Valley. For tickets and more information, see Ms. Haskell in room 2315.

Football Tickets: for the Friday night football game between Appleton North & Appleton West will be pre sold during lunch hours on Wed., Thurs., and Fri. and Wed. & Thurs. from 5:00-6:30. All tickets are $4 no passes or activity cards will be accepted.

Yearbook: Did you get some great photos from Homecoming and the Homecoming Dance? 

Did your mom take a zillion pictures of you and your Homecoming Dance date??

Yearbook wants your photos! 

Please consider sharing your photos by uploading them to Replay It. 

It’s an easy account to create on your computer or cell phone! 

See Ms. Ehlers in room 1314 or the North website for more information! 

Attention Seniors: If you would like to have your transcript sent before fall break, you must have the completed transcript form to the School Counseling Office by Monday, October 26 by 3:05 to meet the November 1st deadline. 

Fashion Club: What’s better than fall weather? Lattes, sweaters, and pumpkin patches!? No, it’s CARAMEL APPLES! Fashion club will be selling apples covered in delicious, hot caramel October 26th– 28th!!! They’re only one dollar, so get them while they’re hot!

Peers/Key Clubbers! Halloween is around the corner and you know what that means! Trick of Treat for UNICEF! Trick or Treat for UNICEF is our main service project for Halloween and is a way to raise money and awareness towards providing resources for third-world countries.

Please read your email and check out our webpage to see how you can be a part of this awesome event Thanks!

North’s one act team will compete today at the District meet at Bay Port High School.  The 47 members of the cast and crew have worked hard preparing their production of ALICE IN WONDERLAND for the first level of competition.  Break a leg to everyone involved!

National Day of Writing: Are you ready for some football, soccer, volleyball or cross country?  But more important, are you ready to WRITE on Monday during IE time?  We will be celebrating National Day of Writing on Monday with an all school writing activity.  Be rested and ready to write on Monday morning.

Curling: Want to try something new during those boring winter months?  Come join the exciting action and competition of Curling. For those who are interested in learning about and participating in the sport of curling, please sign up for Mr. Rudie’s I/E time on Tuesday, October 27.   

Interested in business? Come learn more about entrepreneurship with your classmates and other teens as Drive to Thrive brings you the founder of Tundraland home improvements, Brian Gottlieb to come speak to you about business on Monday October 26 at 6:30 in the LGI

Oct. 23

Fish Tacos

Pesto Cheeseburger

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza