Announcements for Wednesday Nov. 4

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Baseline impact testing dates for winter sports.

Both freshman and juniors need to test as well as any athlete who did not test last year. If athletes have questions regarding when they last tested they can email [email protected] and I can check for them.

Boys Hockey – 11/4 @ 3:45

Wrestling – 11/9 @ 3:45

Boys Swimming – 11/12 @ 3:45

Boys Basketball – 11/12 @ 3:45

All tests will take place in labs 2313 and 2316.

Attention all students interested in wrestling this seasonThere will be an informational meeting for all students interested in wrestling on Thursday, November 5th.  The meeting will take place in the gym during I/E time. Please sign up with your homeroom teacher the week of the meeting. We will begin open mats next Tuesday and Thursday.  Open mats are open to all students with an interest in wrestling this season.  They will take place in the wrestling room immediately after school. Any student interested in being a student manager for wrestling this year should see Mr. Clough.

Food Drive/Student Council: Afraid you’re not going to get in the holiday spirit this year? Start things off on the right foot by donating to the annual Can Food Drive, presented by the Appleton North Student Council.  We have made it a competition between freshmen teams.  Freshmen, please bring cans to your core teachers and Student Council will tally the cans donated between November 2-20th.  The winning team will receive a special incentive.  Not a freshmen?  You too can help your alma mater team by dropping off cans to your old freshmen team.  Let the competition begin!  Go blue…no wait gold…go silver! 

Attention Club Leaders!  You too can partake in the canned food drive.  We will have a Battle of the Clubs canned food drive.  The club or activity with the most cans between November 2-20th will also be given a special incentive of choice.  Let’s get the school involved and make this the best collection yet. 

Ski ClubSki Club information for trips this season is now available – outside room 1324 or at http://bit.ly/ANHSSKI

Registration for regular season trips will take place on Thursday and Friday, November 12 and 13, from 6:45 – 7:25 in room 1324.  The Spring Break trip this year is to Jackson Hole and Big Sky. Down payments for the Spring Break trip can be made beginning immediately. Please contact Mrs. P. Meyer with questions.

ATTENTION students that attend NASSA. We will continue NASSA this week. After this we will take a couple weeks off and start up again Tuesday December 1st.

International Club students: interested in purchasing a T-shirt should fill out the form posted in Google Classroom. Complete the form and turn in payment to Mrs. P. Meyer or Mrs. Tesch by Friday, November 6.

Interested in forensic science or crime scene investigations?  We are forming a book group to read and discuss the book The Poisoner’s Handbook, a book about the beginnings of forensic science and forensic chemistry.  If you would be interested in participating, please see Mrs. Stidham-Gebert in 2353 or Mrs. Vandenheuvel in 2354 by November 11 to sign up as a member.  We will meet during homerooms on Wednesdays starting 11/18. 

Wrestling: This is a reminder for all students interested in wrestling.  We will be holding our informational meeting this Thursday during homeroom.  Please sign up with your homeroom teacher this week.

College visits in the Career Center for this week:

Friday:

The Salon Professional Academy

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

Powerlifting: if you want to get in shape for summer or better yourself overall join the Powerlifting Team! Powerlifting will help you both physically and mentally for any sport or just for life in general. Men and women of all sizes are encouraged to come and change their life on the Appleton North Powerlifting Team. Meeting Wednesday Nov. 4 during I/E in the conference room by the office.

Girls Volleyball: The Appleton North Girls Volleyball team is going to STATE! They will be playing @ 4:30 this Thursday at the Resch Center in Green Bay! Tickets will be available during lunch hours Tuesday and Wednesday and after school until 5:30 in the main office. We hope to see a ton of fans on Thursday cheering on our amazing girls volleyball team. If you are interested, North is also offering a fan bus for the volleyball game. Bus will leave North at 3:15 Thursday and return immediately after the game. Cost is $5 for bus and $8 for ticket. Permission slips and money are due Wednesday by 3:30.

Long Board: The Old Glory Honor Flight organization is raffling a custom-made military themed long board. You can see the board during lunch on Tuesday. Tickets cost $5 for 1, $10 for 3 and $25 for 10. They will be sold during lunch this week. A winning ticket will be drawn on Veterans Day.

Just a reminder it’s safe driving week this week. Be sure to check out all of STRIKE’s safe driving events going on throughout this week. There will be a STRIKE booth at all lunch hours throughout the week with trivia, prizes, and a pledge not to text and drive. Students that pledge will receive a free car sticker, as well as the ability to sign their name on a poster. Look out for the 100 yard message and tell everyone you know about the speaker in the auditorium on Thursday and to sign up to listen to his inspirational story. Finally to end this eventful week, make sure you try out the triple A simulator during 4th, 5th or 6th hour on Friday.

Attention HOSA:  If you ordered a HOSA T-shirt, they have arrived!!! Stop by Mrs. Camber’s room (1085) to pick yours up anytime.

North’s One Act Team and their production of ALICE IN WONDERLAND will compete today at the state-qualifying Sectional meet held at Oconto Falls High School.    Break a leg to all 47 members of cast and crew!

Clear your library fines with canned food items in the month of November.  You CAN make a difference!

CAN hunger and win tickets to the girls state volleyball game in Green Bay tomorrow night.  Each canned item is an entry to win tickets.  Winners will be e-mailed tomorrow before the lunch hours.  Make a difference and support the team!

Nov. 4

Chicken Pot Pie

Taco Cheeseburger

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza