Announcements for Friday Nov. 6

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Baseline impact testing dates for winter sports.

Both freshman and juniors need to test as well as any athlete who did not test last year. If athletes have questions regarding when they last tested they can email [email protected] and I can check for them.

Wrestling – 11/9 @ 3:45

Boys Swimming – 11/12 @ 3:45

Boys Basketball – 11/12 @ 3:45

All tests will take place in labs 2313 and 2316.

Food Drive/Student Council: Afraid you’re not going to get in the holiday spirit this year? Start things off on the right foot by donating to the annual Can Food Drive, presented by the Appleton North Student Council.  We have made it a competition between freshmen teams.  Freshmen, please bring cans to your core teachers and Student Council will tally the cans donated between November 2-20th.  The winning team will receive a special incentive.  Not a freshmen?  You too can help your alma mater team by dropping off cans to your old freshmen team.  Let the competition begin!  Go blue…no wait gold…go silver! 

Attention Club Leaders!  You too can partake in the canned food drive.  We will have a Battle of the Clubs canned food drive.  The club or activity with the most cans between November 2-20th will also be given a special incentive of choice.  Let’s get the school involved and make this the best collection yet. 

Ski ClubSki Club information for trips this season is now available – outside room 1324 or at http://bit.ly/ANHSSKI. Registration for regular season trips will take place on Thursday and Friday, November 12 and 13, from 6:45 – 7:25 in room 1324.  The Spring Break trip this year is to Jackson Hole and Big Sky. Down payments for the Spring Break trip can be made beginning immediately. Please contact Mrs. P. Meyer with questions.

ATTENTION students that attend NASSA. We will continue NASSA this week. After this we will take a couple weeks off and start up again Tuesday December 1st.

International Club students: interested in purchasing a T-shirt should fill out the form posted in Google Classroom. Complete the form and turn in payment to Mrs. P. Meyer or Mrs. Tesch by Friday, November 6.

Interested in forensic science or crime scene investigations?  We are forming a book group to read and discuss the book The Poisoner’s Handbook, a book about the beginnings of forensic science and forensic chemistry.  If you would be interested in participating, please see Mrs. Stidham-Gebert in 2353 or Mrs. Vandenheuvel in 2354 by November 11 to sign up as a member.  We will meet during homerooms on Wednesdays starting 11/18. 

Long Board: The Old Glory Honor Flight organization is raffling a custom-made military themed long board. You can see the board during lunch on Tuesday. Tickets cost $5 for 1, $10 for 3 and $25 for 10. They will be sold during lunch this week. A winning ticket will be drawn on Veterans Day.

Just a reminder it’s safe driving week this week. Be sure to check out all of STRIKE’s safe driving events going on throughout this week. There will be a STRIKE booth at all lunch hours throughout the week with trivia, prizes, and a pledge not to text and drive. Students that pledge will receive a free car sticker, as well as the ability to sign their name on a poster. Look out for the 100 yard message and tell everyone you know about the speaker in the auditorium on Thursday and to sign up to listen to his inspirational story. Finally to end this eventful week, make sure you try out the triple A simulator during 4th, 5th or 6th hour on Friday.

Attention HOSA:  If you ordered a HOSA T-shirt, they have arrived!!! Stop by Mrs. Camber’s room (1085) to pick yours up anytime.

Clear your library fines with canned food items in the month of November.  You CAN make a difference!

All softball players planning on playing softball in 2016 need to attend the preseason meeting on Friday, November 13th in Coach Salm’s room 1339 during I/E. Please bring a pen.

Interested in learning more about business? Come explore entrepreneurship with your classmates as drive to Thrive brings you the co-owner of Milk Source dairy, Jim Ostrom, to talk to you about starting a business. We will start at 6:30 in the LGI.

If you will be participating in winter athletics you must have all of your paperwork in before beginning practice. An up to date physical is required. If you are unsure of your status please speak to the secretaries in the office.

HOPE Club: Starting Monday HOPE Club will be sponsoring a plastic bag & paper bag recycling drive.  HOPE Club members are collecting the bags to donate to St. Joseph’s Food Program.  They will use the bags to help distribute food to those in need in our community.  Plastic and paper bags will be collected through Nov. 30th

You can drop them off in the following locations:

Room 2334

The LMC

Outside the main office

Hope Club thanks you for your support!

Lunch

Nov. 6

Sweet & Sour Popcorn Chicken, Fried Rice

California Ranch Chicken Sandwich

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza