Announcements for Monday Nov. 9

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Baseline impact testing dates for winter sports.

Both freshman and juniors need to test as well as any athlete who did not test last year. If athletes have questions regarding when they last tested they can email [email protected] and I can check for them.

Wrestling – 11/9 @ 3:45

Boys Swimming – 11/12 @ 3:45

Boys Basketball – 11/12 @ 3:45

All tests will take place in labs 2313 and 2316.

Food Drive/Student Council: Afraid you’re not going to get in the holiday spirit this year? Start things off on the right foot by donating to the annual Can Food Drive, presented by the Appleton North Student Council.  We have made it a competition between freshmen teams.  Freshmen, please bring cans to your core teachers and Student Council will tally the cans donated between November 2-20th.  The winning team will receive a special incentive.  Not a freshmen?  You too can help your alma mater team by dropping off cans to your old freshmen team.  Let the competition begin!  Go blue…no wait gold…go silver! 

Attention Club Leaders!  You too can partake in the canned food drive.  We will have a Battle of the Clubs canned food drive.  The club or activity with the most cans between November 2-20th will also be given a special incentive of choice.  Let’s get the school involved and make this the best collection yet. 

Interested in forensic science or crime scene investigations?  We are forming a book group to read and discuss the book The Poisoner’s Handbook, a book about the beginnings of forensic science and forensic chemistry.  If you would be interested in participating, please see Mrs. Stidham-Gebert in 2353 or Mrs. Vandenheuvel in 2354 by November 11 to sign up as a member.  We will meet during homerooms on Wednesdays starting 11/18. 

Clear your library fines with canned food items in the month of November.  You CAN make a difference!

All softball players planning on playing softball in 2016 need to attend the preseason meeting on Friday, November 13th in Coach Salm’s room 1339 during I/E. Please bring a pen.

Interested in learning more about business? Come explore entrepreneurship with your classmates as drive to Thrive brings you the co-owner of Milk Source dairy, Jim Ostrom, to talk to you about starting a business. We will start at 6:30 in the LGI.

If you will be participating in winter athletics you must have all of your paperwork in before beginning practice. An up to date physical is required. If you are unsure of your status please speak to the secretaries in the office.

HOPE Club: Starting Monday HOPE Club will be sponsoring a plastic bag & paper bag recycling drive.  HOPE Club members are collecting the bags to donate to St. Joseph’s Food Program.  They will use the bags to help distribute food to those in need in our community.  Plastic and paper bags will be collected through Nov. 30th

You can drop them off in the following locations:

Room 2334

The LMC

Outside the main office

Hope Club thanks you for your support!

The North debate team: did it again, Saturday, at the West Bend Tournament. Top speaker awards were given to Milly Figueroa, Patrick Rooyakkers and Saul Roselaar. Saul extended his consecutive tournament winning streak to three while Milly and her partner, Brian Zhou, Deepak Vir and Sam Woo as well as Aaron Strauch and Connor Steenbock were all winners, at West Bend.

To all girls, are you interested in playing the game of lacrosse? Want to hear more? The girl’s team will be having an informational meeting tomorrow, Nov 10th from 6:30-7:30 at Appleton North in the LGI Room. Come meet the players and the coaching staff. Bring your parents, bring a friend!

Library/Packers: Alex Wormley is this week’s Packer Prediction winner with a guess of 28-35.  The Packers lost to Carolina with a final score of 29-37.  Next week is a home game against Detroit. 

Ski Club: Ski trip registration will take place this Thursday and Friday, Nov. 12 and 13. Bring completed forms and payment to room 1324 from 6:45 – 7:25. Forms are available outside room 1324 and on the Ski Club webpage.  Contact Mrs. P. Meyer with questions.

Republican Club: will meet tomorrow, Tuesday, in room 1326. Sign up under Platten.

Lunch

Nov. 9

Meatball Pizza Sub

Cajun Cheeseburger

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza