One Act Company- State Bound!

The abstract set coming to life

Leah Dreyer, Co Centerspread Editor

After weeks of rehearsals and hours of memorization, the 2015 One Act cast and crew are preparing to head off to state in the upcoming week. Having not only written their script based on the Lewis Carroll’s novel Alice in Wonderland, but also innovatively portrayed some of Carroll’s real life persona as a mathematics professor into their abstract set design, the entire piece was described as both moving and magical with some great acting and technical work to boot.

The group qualified from Sectionals with three emphatic “Advances” on November 4. Their time was well under the necessary 40 minute period with the entire setup, production, and takedown timing out at 37 minutes and 9 seconds. The cast and crew are now preparing to embark upon their final mission to (hopefully) retrieve their seventeenth consecutive Critic’s Choice award, the top honor at the state level.

They eagerly anticipate their only hometown performance (free to the public) on November 17 at 7:30pm in the North auditorium, their traditional State Send Off. That same week they then leave after school on the 19th to travel to UW Whitewater for the next three days to not only perform themselves, but to see other schools’ performances as well as participate in workshops offered by various professionals, including armed stage combat workshops by North’s very own director, Mr. Parker.

All their hard work will soon pay off beginning at 1:15 on Friday afternoon, the start time of their performance. One can only wait in anticipation to see the magic that the diligent company have created through their efforts. Congratulations One Act team, and break a leg!