Announcements for Friday Dec. 18

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Entries for the Martin Luther King writing contest are due on Dec. 21.  Need more information, stop in the LMC.

Yearbook Grad Ads: If your parents would like to congratulate you on your accomplishments & your graduation, yearbook grad ads can be purchased online.  New this year, families can create their own ad and pay ONLINE. All the information needed can be found on the North website.  There are a limited number of spaces so don’t let your parents wait until it’s too late!  No orders can be placed after January 15th.

Yearbook: Have you purchased your 1015-16 North yearbook yet?  If you decided NOT to purchase one during summer registration or wanted to wait, the FINAL deadline to purchase is December 22.  The cost is $47 and payments can be made in the main office.  Do NOT rely on extra yearbooks being available in May. 

Are you interested in being part of the girls’ distance program in Track this spring? A brief informational meeting will be held with Coach Howard on Friday, December 18th in the Lightning Room during IE period. All abilities and grade levels are encouraged to attend this Girls’ track distance meeting.

Attention Democratic League Members! Our meeting has been moved from next Tuesday to today! If you can meet us at the staircase across from the nature pond at IE time. We will pass out t-shirts, take our yearbook picture and plan for the upcoming new year! Hope to see you all there!!

All 9th and 11th graders are reminded that your 16-17 course sheets are due into your Homeroom teachers by next Monday December 21st. Sophomores have done or will do their sheets during their individual conferences. A reminder that school counselors have been and continue to be available in the counseling office during lunch hours to help answer your scheduling questions.

Homeroom teachers, please hang onto all course sheets until after break. More information will follow.

A huge thank you goes out to all the students who attended the London/Dublin informational meeting last Tuesday! Please enroll before our deadline of December 23rd, as the trip is filling up quickly. Anyone unable to attend the meeting can still get informational packets from Mrs. Frisch in room 2344.

Here are the times the weight room will be open over Christmas break:

• Wednesday the 23rd – from 9am to 10:30am
  • Monday the 28th – from 2pm to 4pm
  • Tuesday the 29th – from 9am to 10:30 am
  • Wednesday the 30th – from 9am to 10:30 am

These dates and times will be posted. 

Remember:  Hard work will beat talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

The Appleton North High School popular comedy improvisation troupe, IMPROVEDY, will present its first performance of the school year tomorrow, Saturday, December 19th at 7:30 P.M in the North High School commons.  Hilarious games and sketches based on audience suggestions will be performed in the style of the hit television show WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY Admission is $5.00. Tickets are available at the door 30 minutes before performance time.  So give yourself a Christmas present of laughter — come to IMPROVEDY tomorrow night in the commons!

Congratulations to the North boys wrestling team.  Both JV and Varsity came away with victories last night against Fond du lac.  The JV team won 30-19 improving to 3-0 on the year and the varsity team won 64-15 improving to 2-1.

Join the Appleton United Girls hockey team for Teacher Appreciation Night tonight at 5pm when they host Brookfield Glacier at the Appleton Family Ice Center.  Free admission for students with activity passes and teachers with AASD ID. 

Then Saturday the team goes to Beloit to play Rock County Fury at 7pm.  Good Luck Girls!

Lunch

Dec. 18

Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup

California Ranch Chicken Sandwich

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza