Announcements for Monday Jan. 11

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Attention all Hmong Club students! All Hmong club meeting for the month of January will only be for global week performers. Our next club meeting will be next Tuesday, January 12th. All performers and stage help are required to be there. If you are automatically requested and you are not a Global week performer or helper, please let your teachers know where you will be doing next week Tuesday I/E time. Thank you!

Tennis: There will be tennis open hitting on Friday, Jan. 15th at Fox Cities Racquet Club from 5 PM to 6 PM.  Any boys and girls interested are welcome to come.  If you have any questions, see Mr. Burt in room 1321.

Attention Ski Club! Students that signed up for the Spring Break Trip need to check their email and see Mrs. P. Meyer as soon as possible.

Marquette Ski Trip participants – approximately 10 students need to ride the West bus. Please contact Mrs. P. Meyer if you are willing to do so. The West bus will come to North for pick up. Our trip is Saturday, January 16. We leave at 5:00 AM.

Wrestling: This past weekend the Lightning JV wrestling team competed in the Wisconsin Regional Challenge series.  The top 3 place winners at each weight qualified for the Wisconsin State Championship tournament.  Congratulations to Weston Verhoff, Mikey Mejia, Raymond Vitriago and Aaron Reiland for qualifying! 

Library: A Packers win means another week of Packer Predictions.  Congratulations to Michael Krause as the Packers defeated Washington 35-18.  Also, with the end of the semester please return your project books and be ready for the third quarter with a new read.

Yearbook: Please help the yearbook staff add quotes to the yearbook! Check your email for a link to a google form from Ms. Ehlers.

Appleton North DECA had a tremendous showing at Saturdays District Four Competition, In all. Appleton North DECA brought home 67 Event Medals, 26 Top 4 finishers and 13 Automatic State Qualifiers.

By category, award winners are:

In Accounting Applications, Nick Smidt earned two medals.

In Automotive Service Marketing: Preston Pelishek earned one medal, and Matt Agius earned one medal and third place overall.

In Business Finance: Richard Jandovrek earned one medal while Nikhil Thammadi took one medal and fourth place overall, Marissa Mullen took home two medals and third place overall, and Colton Campbell earned two medals and first place overall.

In Apparel and Accessories: Noreen Alam earned one medal and Rachel Brosman swept the series, earning three medals and first place overall.

In Buying and Merchandising Team: The team of Maren Mcleish and Melanie Paulie won two medals and fourth place overall while the team of Santiago Poretti and Emil Mostrom swept, earning three medals and first place overall.

In Hospitality Services Team: The team of Mervin Lumba and Will Tews earned one medal.

In Hotel and Lodging: Olivia Checkalski takes home two medals and third place overall.

In Principles of Marketing: Erik Nelson and Kendra Carew each earned one medal.

In Principles of Business Management: Genevieve Frank earned one medal and second place overall.

In Principles of Finance: Samantha Carroll swept the event, earning two medals and first place overall.

In Principles of Hospitality and Tourism: Jessica Wolfe, Glavine Mathes, Samantha Plankey and Taya Hahmemann each earned one medal while Molly Brinkhoff swept, winning two medals and first place overall.

In Quick Serve Restaurant Management: Calum Fraser earned three medals and fourth place overall while Josh Mungie earned three medals and second place overall.

In Restaurant and Food Services: Aaron Strauch earned one medal while Gabe August earned three medals and second place overall.

In Retail Merchandising: Maddie Tesch and Ma Vang each earned one medal in Sports and Entertainment Marketing: Jacob Baily earned one medal while Zach Marquardt swept the series, earning three medals and first place overall.

In Human Resource Management: Alyssa Jansen earned one medal while Karly Thoe earned three medals and third place overall.

In Marketing Communications: the team of Jada Taylor and Rileigh Ostrom earned three medals and took home second place overall.

In Marketing Management: Henry Ptacek earned one medal, Chandler Crane earned two medals and third place overall, and Levi Werlein won three medals and second place overall.

In Travel and Tourism Team: the team of Deepak Vir and Ramsey DeMario earned one medal while Collin Brinkhoff and Matt Robbins earned three medals and fourth place overall.

Lunch

Jan. 11

French Toast Sticks & Sausage Patty

Spicy Popcorn Chicken

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza