Announcements for Tuesday Feb. 23

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

If you plan to take an AP test this spring, all AP registration forms and payments are due in the main office by February 24th. Please see your AP teacher for forms or pick one up in the main office.

For those junior who are wanting some help with ACT Writing, Mrs. Marzullo will be having ACT Writing Prep Class during I/E Time on February 25th. Please sign up with your homeroom teacher to schedule!

For those girls wanting to join the Lacrosse team this season, registration is now open through March 3rd. Please visit www.appletonlacrosse.com and go to the registration tab to get started.

Spring Sport Athletes: Please make note of the baseline concussion testing times.  

February 24th at 3:45 in room 2313 – Track and Softball

March 9th at 3:45 in room 2313 – Girls Soccer and Baseball

March 16th at 3:45 in room 2313 – Golf and Tennis

Testing takes 30-45 minutes. If you are a FRESHMAN or a JUNIOR who did not play a fall or winter sport, you MUST test this spring. If you had a concussion in the previous season, you need to retest this spring. If you are a sophomore or a senior who have never played a sport at Appleton North, you need to tell this spring as well. If you have questions regarding your testing status or time, please contact Cassy Amo at [email protected]

NHS/Blood Drive: Do you like cookies? Do you like saving people’s lives? Then sign up to donate blood! You can sign up in the commons during the lunch hours or in Ms. Vanden Heuvel’s room (2354) through Tuesday, February 23rd. The blood drive will be on Thursday, February 25th. Thanks for saving 3 lives!

There will be an organizational meeting for “Spreading the Word to end hurtful words” this Thursday in room 1300. Sign up for Devereaux for I/E time if you are interested in this project.

Girls Soccer: There will be an organizational meeting about Girls Spring Soccer next Wednesday Feb. 24 at 7 pm in the LGI.  Interested players or their parents should attend to learn about procedures, expectations, and schedules. There will be open gym immediately after the meeting for players to stay and work-out.   If you can’t attend please see Mr. Edmonds to sign up and get the informational handouts.

Juniors are you ready for the ACT? The Appleton Youth Education Initiative has got you covered with tips and tricks to learn before test day. Come to the LGI after school Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week for help on all the sections.

Are you overwhelmed or stressed out? Then come to the Mindfulness training next Tuesday during I/E time in the counseling office. Mrs. Davis will introduce Mindfulness and share some strategies.

College visits in the Career Center for this week:

Thursday:

Gill Tech Academy for Thursday at 9:30 a.m. 

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

Are you interested in traveling to Spain in the spring of 2017?  Join us for an informational meeting on Thursday, February 25 at 6:30 pm in the LGI.  Please bring a parent!  Hope to see you then!!!

Informational meeting for the 2017 France Trip will be held on Wednesday February 24th at 6pm in the LMC at North.  Any questions please see Madame Klein in room 1312.

KAPOW! Did you get a chance to read Lauren Sassi’s comic book? Do you want to learn more about the process of making a comic? Want to learn some drawing tips? Sign up for a comic book and drawing presentation during I/E time this Thursday in the LMC.

Attention Seniors: Best dressed.  Most school spirit.  Worst driver…. Check your email for the link to vote for this year’s Senior Superlatives for the yearbook! Voting ends Thursday!

Now is the time to make a difference and clear your library fines.  Instead of paying in cash, pay your fines with gently used books and hygiene products for shelters in our area or with egg cartons for St. Joe’s Food Pantry.  This opportunity ends March 12.

Attention all Lightning Wrestlers: There will be a team meeting that will take place this Wednesday, Feb. 24th during I/E time.  The meeting will take place in the gymnasium.  If you cannot attend the meeting, please see Coach Clough as soon as possible.

Willems Student Marketing TeamAre you going to Prom this year? Do you need ideas for your hair and makeup? If you answered YES, Join Salon Academy Students and Willems Student Marketing Students in room 1101 this Friday during IE. You will learn this year’s trends in Hair and Make-up for Prom 2016. Sign up in Mrs. Dechant’s IE and join us this Friday in 1101 from some PROM Enrichment

Lunch

Feb. 23

Pork Quesadilla & Salsa Verde

Spicy Popcorn Chicken

Veggie, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza