Announcements for Friday Feb. 26

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

If anyone is interested in playing lacrosse this season (Boys or Girls) registration ends March 1st. Make sure to sign up today. Please visit www.appletonlacrosse.com and go to the registration tab to get started.

Spring Sport Athletes: Please make note of the baseline concussion testing times.  

March 9th at 3:45 in room 2313 – Girls Soccer and Baseball

March 16th at 3:45 in room 2313 – Golf and Tennis

Testing takes 30-45 minutes. If you are a FRESHMAN or a JUNIOR who did not play a fall or winter sport, you MUST test this spring. If you had a concussion in the previous season, you need to retest this spring. If you are a sophomore or a senior who have never played a sport at Appleton North, you need to tell this spring as well. If you have questions regarding your testing status or time, please contact Cassy Amo at [email protected]

Are you overwhelmed or stressed out? Then come to the Mindfulness training next Tuesday during I/E time in the counseling office. Mrs. Davis will introduce Mindfulness and share some strategies.

Now is the time to make a difference and clear your library fines.  Instead of paying in cash, pay your fines with gently used books and hygiene products for shelters in our area or with egg cartons for St. Joe’s Food Pantry.  This opportunity ends March 12.

There will be tennis open hitting from 5-6 PM on Friday, Feb. 26th at Fox Cities Racquet Club.  Anybody interested is welcome to come.  See Mr. Burt if you have any questions.

Black Student Union Club: Mr. Kempton Freeman, North’s own cultural liaison for African American students, would like to start a Black Student Union Club at North High School. Any student interested in joining the Black Student Union Club should attend its initial meeting in the auditorium on Tuesday, March 8th during I/E time. Questions? Please see Mr. Freeman or Mr. Lee.

Want to be a published writer or artist? Borealis, North’s literary magazine, is accepting submissions for its spring publication. Borealis accepts poetry, short stories, essays and personal narratives, plays, photography, photographs or scans of artwork, illustrations, sculptures, comics, and more. All work must be original and the submission deadline is March 1. Here’s how you can get published in the magazine: e-mail, Google share or bring your creative work to Trinity Olson, Sydney Pomrening or Natalie Painton, or ask Mrs. Wohlt, Mr. Ramponi or your English teacher. If your work is accepted, you will be notified by e-mail or in-school delivery mail. We want everyone to have the opportunity to have their submission in the magazine! Also, each piece must have the identity of the contributor — include your full name, grade and e-mail with your submission. We are looking forward to seeing your creative work!

Help for the Homeless Hygiene Drive – Beginning February 21, going through March 11, there will be a competition between the freshman teams to see who can bring in the most hygiene products- Freshman bring items to your CIVIC teachers. You can bring new items such as shampoo, toothbrushes, deodorant, and soap. Not a freshman? Don’t worry! Upperclassman can donate to their Alma mater teams. Drop off donations in your Civic teacher’s room or in the LMC.

Good luck to the North Performance Team as they head to Madison for the WACPC State Cheerleading Competition on Saturday.  The team placed 1st in two divisions last weekend in Waupaca and hopes to bring the state title home to A Town.  Good luck girls!!!

There will be an informational boys tennis meeting on Friday, March 4th during IE time in Mr. Burt’s room.  Any boy’s interested should plan on attending.  If you cannot make it, but would like to play, see Mr. Burt prior to March 4th for all materials.

Lunch

Feb. 26

Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup

California Ranch Chicken Sandwich

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza