Announcements for Thursday March 3

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Spring Sport Athletes: Please make note of the baseline concussion testing times.  

March 9th at 3:45 in room 2313 – Girls Soccer and Baseball

March 16th at 3:45 in room 2313 – Golf and Tennis

Testing takes 30-45 minutes. If you are a FRESHMAN or a JUNIOR who did not play a fall or winter sport, you MUST test this spring. If you had a concussion in the previous season, you need to retest this spring. If you are a sophomore or a senior who have never played a sport at Appleton North, you need to tell this spring as well. If you have questions regarding your testing status or time, please contact Cassy Amo at [email protected]

Black Student Union Club: Mr. Kempton Freeman, North’s own cultural liaison for African American students, would like to start a Black Student Union Club at North High School. Any student interested in joining the Black Student Union Club should attend its initial meeting in the auditorium on Tuesday, March 8th during I/E time. Questions? Please see Mr. Freeman or Mr. Lee.

Help for the Homeless Hygiene Drive – Beginning February 21, going through March 11, there will be a competition between the freshman teams to see who can bring in the most hygiene products- Freshman bring items to your CIVIC teachers. You can bring new items such as shampoo, toothbrushes, deodorant, and soap. Not a freshman? Don’t worry! Upperclassman can donate to their Alma mater teams. Drop off donations in your Civic teacher’s room or in the LMC.

There will be an informational boys tennis meeting on Friday, March 4th during IE time in Mr. Burt’s room.  Any boy’s interested should plan on attending.  If you cannot make it, but would like to play, see Mr. Burt prior to March 4th for all materials.

College visits in the Career Center and Military visits in the commons for this week:

Thursday:

National Guard during Lunch Hrs.

Friday:

Academy of Beauty Professionals at 8:30 a.m.

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

Dear Students, Staff and Parents:

Did you know that the production of consumer electronics directly and negatively impacts the environment? More than 80% of all the electronics we use are reusable but how many of us actually properly recycle all our used electronic devices and unwanted or broken jewelry. Well now is your chance to MAKE A DIFFERNCE!!                                                            

North’s Garden Club is conducting a recycling fundraiser. We are simply asking you to protect the environment by donating your used consumer electronics and unwanted, broken or mismatched jewelry.  This event will take place during all lunch hours during the week of March 1-11 and also during Parent Teacher Conferences March 3 and March 7th. Items we are looking for are working/not working/outdated cell phones, digital cameras, laptop computers, ipads/ipods, tablets, inkjet cartridges, gold, silver & platinum jewelry, mp3 players, gps devices, radar detectors and all assorted book readers. Boxes will be located in the School Counseling Office.

Thank you in advance for your generosity. We hope to collect many items!!

Key Club and Peer helpers need your help. Premature births are a rising concern in our world today and is the number one cause of infant death. We are asking for the entire school to participate in raising money to help prevent premature deaths in our community. To do this, we will be collecting donations around school for March of Dimes, ordering t-shirts in the LMC. The t-shirt order forms will be due back to the LMC with money before Spring Break.

You can also sign up to walk with Appleton North United on April 23! Contact Mrs. Pynenberg, Mrs. Bruce or stop in the LMC for more details

Boys Golf Informational meeting will be Tuesday, March 8 at 3:10 to 3:45 in the Lightning Room.

Clear your library fines now through March 12 by donating hygiene items, cleaning products, gently used books or empty egg cartons.  Make a difference for others and clear your library fines.

Attention students who use the weight room after school: The weight room will not be open after school today due to conferences.

Lunch

March 3

Beef Quesadilla & Spiced Rice

Pesto Cheeseburger

Veggie, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza