Announcements for Thursday March 10

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Spring Sport Athletes: Please make note of the baseline concussion testing times.  

• March 9th at 3:45 in room 2313 – Girls Soccer and Baseball
  • March 16th at 3:45 in room 2313 – Golf and Tennis
    • Testing takes 30-45 minutes
  • If you are a FRESHMAN or a JUNIOR who did not play a fall or winter sport, you MUST test this spring.
  • If you had a concussion in the previous season, you need to retest this spring.
  • If you are a sophomore or a senior who have never played a sport at Appleton North, you need to tell this spring as well.

If you have questions regarding your testing status or time, please contact Cassy Amo at [email protected]

Help for the Homeless Hygiene Drive – Help for the Homeless Hygiene Drive is underway! Please bring new items such as shampoo, toothbrushes, deodorant, and soap. Drop off donations in your Civic teacher’s room- Not a freshman– stop and say hello to your former Civics Teacher and donate!

Mr. Salm and Gold Team are in the lead with 47 items, while Ms. Gill and Mr. Shaddocks teams have 0 items. DONATIONS WILL BE COLLECTED THROUGH FRIDAY!

Key Peer’s we are meeting this Thursday, March 10th- Make sure to bring a new hygiene item like soap, toothpaste, or shampoo!

Dear Students, Staff and Parents: Did you know that the production of consumer electronics directly and negatively impacts the environment? More than 80% of all the electronics we use are reusable but how many of us actually properly recycle all our used electronic devices and unwanted or broken jewelry. Well now is your chance to MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! North’s Garden Club is conducting a recycling fundraiser. We are simply asking you to protect the environment by donating your used consumer electronics and unwanted, broken or mismatched jewelry.  This event will take place during all lunch hours during the week of March 1-11 and also during Parent Teacher Conferences March 3 and March 7th. Items we are looking for are working/not working/outdated cell phones, digital cameras, laptop computers, ipads/ipods, tablets, inkjet cartridges, gold, silver & platinum jewelry, mp3 players, gps devices, radar detectors and all assorted book readers. Boxes will be located in the School Counseling Office. Thank you in advance for your generosity. We hope to collect many items!!

Attention Appleton North Staff and Students

Key Club and Peer helpers need your help. Premature births are a rising concern in our world today and is the number one cause of infant death. We are asking for the entire school to participate in raising money to help prevent premature deaths in our community. To do this, we will be

• collecting donations around school for March of Dimes
  • ordering t-shirts in the LMC. The t-shirt order forms will be due back to the LMC with money before Spring Break.
  • You can also sign up to walk with Appleton North United on April 23!

Contact Mrs. Pynenberg, Mrs. Bruce or stop in the LMC for more details

Open hitting for tennis has been canceled this week.  There will be one more hitting opportunity on Friday, March 18th from 5-6 PM at Fox Cities Racquet Club.  All are welcome to join.

Library Fines: Tomorrow is the last day to clear your library fines by donating hygiene items, cleaning products, gently used books or empty egg cartons.  Make a difference for others and clear your library account.

Tickets for the girls State tournament will go on sale at Appleton North beginning Tuesday.

Thursday 10:45 – 1:20 in the commons

3:30 – 5:30 in the main office

There will not be any tickets available on Friday. They can be purchased at the door.

All tickets are $10

Girls State Basketball Fan Bus: The cost will be $15 and includes a ticket. We must have 40 people or the bus will not run. Pick up a permission slip in the office. Deadline is also on Thursday at 5:30 pm. If the bus does not fill we will refund your bus money but the ticket will be yours. The bus will leave from the commons area at 5:15.

T-shirts for the girl’s state tournament will be on sale in the commons during the lunch hours. Support the Lady Lightning!!

Attention Students:  Would you like to be a class representative next year?  Student Council is looking for 2 representatives per class to help make decisions during the 2016-2017 school year.  If you are interested in being a class-co president, please pick up a yellow form in Student Services.  The application will be due on Monday, April 18th with voting to follow.  Thanks and good luck!

All Seniors that have not ordered a cap and gown for graduation should go online to Jostens.com and order directly.

KEY PEERS—listen up!   Due to the Little Mermaid Matinee, we will be meeting in the GYM on Thursday during I/E—Remember to bring in an item for the Hygiene Drive!

FAN CLUB meeting for Thursday 3/11/16 I/E time has been moved from the Band room to the Lightning Room.

Appleton North’s 2016 musical THE LITTLE MERMAID opens this weekend!  Don’t miss out on this amazing and magical show featuring great songs, dancing, and special effects.   Any student with an activity pass receives a free ticket.  Box office hours are Mondays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the Career Center.  Hope you can join us “under the sea!”

Join us at the Resch Center on Friday to support girls basketball. We can cheer positively without being disrespectful to others. Get Loud for the Ladies!!

Lunch

March 10

Southwest Chicken & Cheddar Panini w/Chips

Spicy Popcorn Chicken

Veggie, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza