Announcements for Thursday March 17

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Attention Appleton North Staff and Students

Key Club and Peer helpers need your help. Premature births are a rising concern in our world today and is the number one cause of infant death. We are asking for the entire school to participate in raising money to help prevent premature deaths in our community. To do this, we will be

• collecting donations around school for March of Dimes
  • ordering t-shirts in the LMC. The t-shirt order forms will be due back to the LMC with money before Spring Break.
  • You can also sign up to walk with Appleton North United on April 23!

Contact Mrs. Pynenberg, Mrs. Bruce or stop in the LMC for more details

Attention Students:  Would you like to be a class representative next year?  Student Council is looking for 2 representatives per class to help make decisions during the 2016-2017 school year.  If you are interested in being a class-co president, please pick up a yellow form in Student Services.  The application will be due on Monday, April 18th with voting to follow.  Thanks and good luck!

All Seniors that have not ordered a cap and gown for graduation should go online to Jostens.com and order directly.

College visits in the Career Center and Military visits in the commons for this week:

Thursday:

Ripon College at 12:00 p.m.

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

Auditions for North’s Spring Play, THE WHITE SNAKE by Tony Award winning playwright, Mary Zimmerman will be held next week, Monday, March 21st and Wednesday, March 23rd beginning at 3:30 p.m. in the L.G.I.  You only need to attend one of the two audition days.  Any North student grades 9-12 is eligible to audition.  If you have any questions, see Mr. Parker in Room 1118.

We have for your lunch needs NEW ideas in classic Mexican cooking! Grab yourself soft-shell tacos piled with tangy Korean Beef and zesty Cucumber Pico de Gallo. There’s always something new brewing here so FUEL up with lunch!

Congratulations go out to the forensics team who competed in New London over the weekend and won first place for the sixth consecutive week.

• Connor Steenbock was a finalist in the category of “Radio Speaking,”
  • Maddy Schilling was a finalist in “Prose Reading” and won first place in “Poetry Reading,”
  • and  Erik Bakken won first place in “Moments in History.”

Way to go, forensics team, and good luck next week in Waupaca.

Are you thinking of going to prom but worried about the cost of a tuxedo or prom dress? If so, then you are in luck! Each year the Mason’s Lodge and Operation Cinderella put on a special event where students can choose a tux or beautiful prom dress, shoes and accessories, all at no cost. This year’s event is on April 2nd and you can even bring a guest! For your invitation to either of these special events, please see Mrs. Strick in the Counseling Office this week!

Lunch

March 17

Ranch Chicken Flatbread

Chicken BLT Sandwich

Veggie, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza