Announcements for Tuesday March 22

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Attention Appleton North Staff and StudentsKey Club and Peer helpers need your help. Premature births are a rising concern in our world today and is the number one cause of infant death. We are asking for the entire school to participate in raising money to help prevent premature deaths in our community. To do this, we will be collecting donations around school for March of Dimes ordering t-shirts in the LMC. The t-shirt order forms will be due back to the LMC with money before Spring Break. You can also sign up to walk with Appleton North United on April 23! Contact Mrs. Pynenberg, Mrs. Bruce or stop in the LMC for more details.

Attention Students:  Would you like to be a class representative next year?  Student Council is looking for 2 representatives per class to help make decisions during the 2016-2017 school year.  If you are interested in being a class-co president, please pick up a yellow form in Student Services.  The application will be due on Monday, April 18th with voting to follow.  Thanks and good luck!

All Seniors that have not ordered a cap and gown for graduation should go online to Jostens.com and order directly. 

Auditions for North’s Spring Play, THE WHITE SNAKE by Tony Award winning playwright, Mary Zimmerman will be held this week Wednesday, March 23rd beginning at 3:30 p.m. in the L.G.I.  You only need to attend one of the two audition days.  Any North student grades 9-12 is eligible to audition.  If you have any questions, see Mr. Parker in Room 1118. 

College visits in the Career Center for this week:

Wednesday: Crown College at 1:00 p.m.

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

Are you thinking of going to prom but worried about the cost of a tuxedo or prom dress? If so, then you are in luck! Each year the Mason’s Lodge and Operation Cinderella put on a special event where students can choose a tux or beautiful prom dress, shoes and accessories, all at no cost. This year’s event is on April 2nd and you can even bring a guest! For your invitation to either of these special events, please see Mrs. Strick in the Counseling Office this week!

Class of 2016 Commencement Speakers: Application forms for students interested in applying to be commencement speakers are available in the business office.  Completed applications are due by Friday April 8th at noon in the business office.

Tomorrow is World Water Day.  If you own a water shirt from last year’s Long Walk to Water well building project, tomorrow is your day to wear it and remind people on the importance of fresh water!

Attention All Students: The North Forensics Team will be hosting its annual showcase on Tuesday April 5th at 7:00PM.  Have you ever wondered what Forensics is all about? This is your opportunity to see some impressive dramatic reading and some entertaining speech.  The North Forensics team has won more tournaments than any other team in their division.  Come see what makes them so good, and what makes Forensics so fun.  Who knows, you may even decide to join the team next year.  So, please come to the showcase after spring break on Tuesday April 5th at 7:00Pm in the LGI.  There will be cookies!

Are you book ready for break?  Stop by the LMC and check out the new books!

International club meets on Thursday during I/E time in the choir room.  Be there! Be Globally aware!

Volunteers Needed!! The April Fools’ 5K is in need of volunteers! If you are around Friday, April 1st please consider signing up to volunteer! For volunteer opportunities, please see the following link!

http://www.doitsports.com/volunteer2/jobs-by-date.tcl?event_id=221770

Volunteers are to dress in the theme of American Pride, so RED, WHITE, and BLUE. The school (North, East, or West) with the most enthusiastic volunteers will win a FREE wing party from Buffalo Wild Wings. Please contact Cassy Amo or Mr. Bleck with any questions! Hope to see you there!

Lunch

March 22

Chili Cheese Dog

Pizza Burger

Veggie, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza