Announcements for Wednesday April 6

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Attention Appleton North Staff and StudentsKey Club and Peer helpers need your help. Premature births are a rising concern in our world today and is the number one cause of infant death. We are asking for the entire school to participate in raising money to help prevent premature deaths in our community. To do this, we will be collecting donations around school for March of Dimes ordering t-shirts in the LMC. The t-shirt order forms will be due back to the LMC with money before Spring Break. You can also sign up to walk with Appleton North United on April 23! Contact Mrs. Pynenberg, Mrs. Bruce or stop in the LMC for more details

Attention Students:  Would you like to be a class representative next year?  Student Council is looking for 2 representatives per class to help make decisions during the 2016-2017 school year.  If you are interested in being a class-co president, please pick up a yellow form in Student Services.  The application will be due on Monday, April 18th with voting to follow.  Thanks and good luck!

All Seniors that have not ordered a cap and gown for graduation should go online to Jostens.com and order directly. 

Class of 2016 Commencement Speakers: Application forms for students interested in applying to be commencement speakers are available in the business office.  Completed applications are due by Friday April 8th at noon in the business office.

ATTENTION SENIORS!! PROM TICKETS GO ON SALE THIS WEDNESDAY APRIL 6TH!! THEY WILL BE SOLD DURING THE LUNCH HOURS IN THE COMMONS UNTIL APRIL 14TH. TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR SO DO NOT WAIT TO PURCHASE THEM!!  IF YOU ARE CHOOSING THE MEAL OPTION YOU MUST PICK YOU AND YOUR GUESTS MEAL CHOICE WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE TICKETS! GET READY TO HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME AT LAMBEAU DANCING THE NIGHT AWAY!

Library: Sign up to hear author Jonathan Friesen in the library.  He will be at North this Friday

College visits in the Career Center and Military visits in the commons for this week:

Thursday:

U.W. – Whitewater at 8:30 a.m.

U.W. – Fox Valley at 1:23 p.m.

Friday:

The Salon Professional Academy 12:30 p.m.

Nebraska Lincoln at 1:00 p.m.

Remember to get permission and a pass from your teacher if you wish to attend.

Seniors Scholarship deadline dates extend: Published deadline was April 1Extend deadline date this Friday, April 8Gene Britton Scholarship, Excel Volleyball Scholarship, UW-Madison Alumni Scholarship (Previously not indicated). If you need more information or an application please stop by the Counseling Office.

NASSA NASSA NASSA! Spring NASSA has started. Meet coach Bleck by the weight room hall way at 3:20. NASSA runs every Tuesday and Thursday.

Attention students who use the weight room in the morning. There is a change in schedule and we will be open every morning from 6-7 a.m. except for Thursday. Also for more weight room information and updates you can join the Appleton North Strength Twitter account : Appleton North Strength @ANstrength.

Performance Team: Do you have school spirit?  Do you think you can dance?  Can you tumble?  Would you like to build human pyramids?  Are you competitive?  If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Appleton North Performance Team might be right for you.  The team combines cheerleading, dance, gymnastics and stunting.  North athletes compete at regional, state and national tournaments.  They also participate in volunteer projects throughout the community spreading cheer.  This spring tryouts will be held for a youth team, grades 5-8, and two varsity teams, grades 9-12.  One varsity team will be a tumble team and one will be a non-tumble team.  If you would like more information, there will be a meeting on Thursday during homeroom.  The meeting will be held in room 1343.  If you cannot attend the meeting stop in and see Coach Brooks in room 1343 during your off hour.

Latino Club: a friendly reminder we will be having Latino Club meeting this Thursday in Mr. Ruechl’s homeroom. Also, we are having our fiesta, so don’t forget to bring in a dish to share. Bring a friend with you.

Congratulations to the North Writing WinnersIn the Letters about Literature contest Rachel Charniak and Raven Wilson were semi-finalists in the state.   In the Autism Awareness Contest Collin Durkin received an honorable mention and Mickayla George earned second place.  The more you write, the better writer you become – keep writing!

Lunch

April 6

Breaded Fish Sandwich & Fries

BBQ Pork Riblet

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza