Announcements for Friday April 15

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Attention Appleton North Staff and Students Key Club and Peer helpers need your help. Premature births are a rising concern in our world today and is the number one cause of infant death. We are asking for the entire school to participate in raising money to help prevent premature deaths in our community. To do this, we will be collecting donations at school for March of Dimes. You can also sign up to walk with Appleton North United on April 23! Contact Mrs. Pynenberg, Mrs. Bruce or stop in the LMC for more details

Attention Students: Would you like to be a class representative next year?  Student Council is looking for 2 representatives per class to help make decisions during the 2016-2017 school year.  If you are interested in being a class-co president, please pick up a yellow form in Student Services.  The application will be due on Monday, April 18th with voting to follow.  Thanks and good luck!

ATTENTION SENIORS!! PROM TICKETS GO ON SALE!! THEY WILL BE SOLD DURING THE LUNCH HOURS IN THE COMMONS UNTIL APRIL 14TH. TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR SO DO NOT WAIT TO PURCHASE THEM!!  IF YOU ARE CHOOSING THE MEAL OPTION YOU MUST PICK YOU AND YOUR GUESTS MEAL CHOICE WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE TICKETS! GET READY TO HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME AT LAMBEAU DANCING THE NIGHT AWAY!

NASSA NASSA NASSA! Spring NASSA has started. Meet coach Bleck by the weight room hall way at 3:20. NASSA runs every Tuesday and Thursday.

Attention students who use the weight room in the morning. There is a change in schedule and we will be open every morning from 6-7 a.m. except for Thursday. Also for more weight room information and updates you can join the Appleton North Strength Twitter account: Appleton North Strength @ANstrength.

Today is the first day of words hurt week, T-shirts and bracelets are being sold during the lunch hours. The first trivia question for this week is – What percentage of students have personally witnessed bullying in school? Submit your answers in the library for a chance to win a prize.

It’s National Library Week!  Read and have a great week!

The Model United Nations Club here at Appleton North did very well at the Wisconsin conference before break. Students from schools all over Wisconsin came to debate and collaborate on issues that are effecting the globe today. Appleton North was attending the conference for the first time, but it was a successful few days. 3 members were sponsors to resolutions, and all members participated in debates and discussions will is sub committees and the general assembly. Congratulations to the students who represented Kuwait at the 2016 conference!

Blood Drive: Do you like country music? Do you like helping people? You can do both if you sign up for our last blood drive of the school year! See Ms. Vanden Heuvel in room 2354 or email her by April 22nd to sign up for our May blood drive. By signing up, you will be entered in to win 2 tickets to see Brantley Gilbert in concert at the Resch center on April 28th! Sign up today to save 3 lives and enter to win!

Any French, German or Spanish student currently in level 4 should attend an informational meeting about CAPP on Monday April 18th at 6pm at North in the LMC, parents are encouraged to attend as well.  Any questions please talk with your current language teacher. 

The Appleton North High School comedy improvisation troupe, IMPROVEDY, will present its third performance of the school year tonight Friday, April 15th beginning at 7:30 P.M in the North High School commons.  Hilarious games and sketches based on audience suggestions will be performed in the style of the hit television show WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?     Admission is $5.00.  Tickets are available at the door 30 minutes before performance time.  So join Improvedy in the commons tonight and laugh yourself silly! You’ll be glad you did!!

Poem in Your Pocket Day is next Thursday, April 21.  Will you be poem read? The Fox Cities Book Festival starts next week.  David Sheff, author of Beautiful Boy, will speak at Little Chute High School auditorium on Monday, April 18, at 6:30.  Need more info, stop by the LMC.

Lunch

April 15

Fish Tacos

Pesto Cheeseburger

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza