Announcements for Tuesday May 17

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Blast Bible Club: Did you know that your life has purpose? To find out more join us for Blast Bible Club every Thursday from 3:15 to 4:15 in the Career Center. We can’t wait to meet you!

Make lifelong friendships and memories by hosting a student from Japan this Summer for 1 or 2 weeks. When: July 21 – Aug 2, 2016. For more information email Mrs. Nider or check the posters around school.

Girls Swim: If you are interested in swimming next year for the 2016 girls swim season please request Dechant (room 1101) this Thursday. If you can’t attend, yet want to swim please talk to either Lauren Hilt, Cami Christensen, Maren McLeish or Britt Horn. The meeting will be in the commons with donuts!

If you are interested in being a Noctiluca editor for the 2016-2017 school year please pick up an application in Mr. Ramponi’s room and return it by Friday May 20th.

If you have always been fascinated by the ancient musical art of the ukulele, we would like to see you Wednesday, May 18, during homeroom in 2353 (Mrs. S-G’s classroom).  We will be organizing for next fall so no need to bring anything but your fun-loving self.  If you have no musical experience, don’t worry—uken do it!

Do you like to act?  Would you like to learn about and perform a play by the writer of HAMLET and ROMEO AND JULIET?  Then Summer Shakespeare Theatre is for you!  This is a six-week course in which participants learn about Shakespeare, his times, and theatre by preparing and presenting one of his plays for public performance. This year’s play is the classic tale of magic and mistaken identity, A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM.  Besides performing on stage, students also gain knowledge and experience in a variety of theatre skills such as scenic design, costumes, set construction, lighting, and directing.  The program is held from 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon Monday through Friday and runs from June 6th through the end of July.  The class will be held in the Appleton North High School auditorium.  Any student grades 9 through those who have just completed grade 12 can participate.  There are no auditions required.  Stop by the guidance office or see your guidance counselor to pick up a summer school registration form.  The course is offered for one elective credit or for enrichment.  When you register, make sure to sign up for both Semester I and II.  So get involved with Shakespeare this summer.  Sign up for Summer Shakespeare Theatre!

The Mile of Music and ADI Summer Internship Forms should be turned in to your guidance counselor by Thursday.  The Summer Internship Team will have an amazing experience and will network with some very cool business professionals in the Valley!  If you have questions about the internships please email Mrs. Dechant. Internship information and registration forms can be found in North guidance or in the school store.

Lunch

Beef Taco Salad

Breaded Fish Melt

Veggie, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza