Announcements for Wednesday May 25

Abigail Plankey, Online Editor

Do you like to act?  Would you like to learn about and perform a play by the writer of HAMLET and ROMEO AND JULIET?  Then Summer Shakespeare Theatre is for you!  This is a six-week course in which participants learn about Shakespeare, his times, and theatre by preparing and presenting one of his plays for public performance. This year’s play is the classic tale of magic and mistaken identity, A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM.  Besides performing on stage, students also gain knowledge and experience in a variety of theatre skills such as scenic design, costumes, set construction, lighting, and directing.  The program is held from 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon Monday through Friday and runs from June 6th through the end of July.  The class will be held in the Appleton North High School auditorium.  Any student grades 9 through those who have just completed grade 12 can participate.  There are no auditions required.  Stop by the guidance office or see your guidance counselor to pick up a summer school registration form.  The course is offered for one elective credit or for enrichment.  When you register, make sure to sign up for both Semester I and II.  So get involved with Shakespeare this summer.  Sign up for Summer Shakespeare Theatre!

Appleton Career Academy students were given the challenge of promoting accessibility in our school.  In small groups students were responsible for re-designing an accessibility device in a way that highlights areas of the school that are accessible and not so accessible. Please stop throughout the halls and view the student work with their accompanying statements. Also, we ask that you please do not touch the accessibility devises as they are for display and educational purposes only.

Attention students:  We all know finals are stressful and there is no better way to reduce stress than to watch movies!  You could binge Netflix by yourself or you could chill with us for an outdoor movie @ North on June 1st at 8:00 PM, admission is $2 and there will be concessions as well.  Come and chill with us!

Attention International Club and the Global Education Achievement group!  Please join us on Thursday in the choir room during I/E as we bid farewell to our exchange students and we congratulate our Global Education Achievement Scholars.  Global Scholars will also share a sampling of their projects. Be there Be globally aware!

Blast Bible Club will be having a table in the commons May 24th & 25th.  Purchase treats and t-shirts to help raise money for the homeless shelter in Appleton.  Thanks for your support!

All library books are now overdue.  Please return your books and pay your fines.  All fines must be paid by 1 today to receive your yearbook tomorrow.  If you have questions, stop by the LMC.

2016 April Fools’ 5K Volunteers:  During your assigned lunch hour on Wednesday May 25th, please stop by the Lightning room to receive your FREE wings as Thank You for volunteering!

Gender Equality Club will be having their last meeting this Thursday after school in the LGI.  Come and celebrate a successful year with great cookies and great discussions.

Attention all Sophomores involved in the Gulfstream SLP program – do not forget to return your permission slips for the summer field trips to Mrs. Bruch in room 1341 or Mr. Miller in room 2308 before the end of the year.

National Honor Society Members! We have LOTS of opportunities before school ends and throughout the summer! New activities were just posted so check them out in Google Classroom and please sign up to help if you can!

Attention Student Athletes! Summer NASSA is right around the corner. Don’t be left out. This year we will be adding mental training guided by Coach Jadin so that a lightning athlete always has the mental advantage on their competition. We as always will also be working on increasing your speed, agility, conditioning, strength, power, flexibility, and all the aspects important for your sport. See you Monday June 6th. You can get a schedule in front of the weight room or find it on the NASSA Twitter account Appleton N. Strength@ANstrength.

Lunch

Beef Quesadilla & Spiced Rice

Bacon Cheeseburger

Meat Lovers, Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage Pizza