North names activities director for next school year

Jake Zajkowski, Junior Editor in Chief

Mr. Nate Werner has been named as Appleton North’s activities director for next school year.

Werner will be filling the position left by the announced retirement of Mr. Kevin Herrling, current activities director. Werner is coming from Neenah High School, where he currently serves as associate principal and activities director.

Werner was the coach for the Men’s Varsity Soccer team at North High School from 2006 to 2013. “Having been a former Appleton North coach, it was very important to me that everyone that is involved in extracurricular activities represents themselves, their group/team/club, and the school with pride,” Werner said.

He has also been a teacher leader in the Appleton Area School District. Werner worked as a teacher in the social studies department at Appleton East until 2013, when he changed his position to associate principal/activities director at Neenah.

“We are excited to have Mr. Nate Werner joining us next year as the new activities director,” North Principal Mr. Huggins said.

Werner plans to start the school year on a good note, wanting to “hit the ground running as soon as I get to Appleton North.” He has many ideas on what he can bring to the North community once he assumes his position, hoping to get every student involved in an extracurricular activity to create a richer high school experience.

“I am beyond excited to be back ‘home’ at Appleton North and in the AASD,” Werner said.