The Homecoming Dance: Facts vs Fiction

Sarah E. Fleming, Online Editor

Rumors have been spreading like wildfire about what will and will not be happening at this year’s homecoming dance. Here are the facts of the dance, courtesy of Mr. Kane and Mrs. VandeHey.

• “We will have a dance with a DJ from a DJ entertainment company in the first half of the gym closest to the Commons, same as prior years.  Lighting in the gym is also the same as past years…off with the DJ lights going.”
  • “A section of the gym on the far end, away from the dance area, will be blocked off for students interested in either playing volleyball, ping-pong, or bags.  Lights are on in this area only.  This is also the same as prior years.”
  • “There is a movie room.  Room 1080 at the end of the FCLA wing will be featuring two movies for students interested.”
  • “In the Commons, we will have the traditional refreshments and rest area/tables set up.  In addition, we will have a Casino Table Games area (no money; blackjack, Texas hold ’em, and roulette available) under the direction of the same company that assisted us with the After Prom celebration.  There will also be an area for photos with the assistance of students from Noctiluca.”

The dance will be held this Saturday from 8 p.m. to midnight. The theme this year is “A Night Under the Stars.”