Superlative Spotlight: Callie Pohlman and Brittany Horn

“Most Likely to Be in the 2020 Olympics”

Madelyn Kapheim, Contributor

It’s not at all a rarity for students from Appleton North to be involved in a sport or multiple sports, but two seniors take their dedication to athletics to a new level. Therefore two ladies earned the title Most Likely to Be in the 2020 Olympics in this years first ever held senior superlative award show.  The two athletes that were chosen by the seniors to represent this title are Callie Pohlman and Brittany Horn. Both Pohlman and Horn are known throughout the school for their impressive athletic accomplishments.  

Horn is a year round swimmer. She is quite the accomplished varsity athlete with multiple 1st Team All-Conference, 1st Team All-Area, and 1st Team All-State titles. Horn’s favorite memory of swimming through the years and biggest accomplishment was “winning a conference title her junior year.” When the High School swimming season ends she swims on the Fox Valley Wave Swim Team. Britt was quick to confirm that swimming is her passion in life. She’s spent the last seven years in the pool and plans to continue swimming in the future. Horn was offered numerous scholarships for swimming and decided that she will continue her education and swimming career at the University of Minnesota.

Callie Pohlman is a passionate two-sport varsity athlete here at North. She has played volleyball and basketball all four years she’s been in high school. Pohlman has been to state for both sports; one of her favorite memories in her athletic career is “going to state junior year for basketball.” Callie loves both volleyball and basketball but enjoys basketball just a bit more. She’s decided to continue her basketball and academic career at McKendree University.

These are the ladies to watch for in the 2020 Olympics held in Tokyo.